Are you in the process or buying a new home or investment property in Hobart? Then it is likely you will be needing a building inspection. Did you know that thermal imaging is one of the most efficient and non-invasive ways of inspecting a building? This advanced technology can quickly detect and diagnose potential problems before they become huge issues. This gives you room to negotiate on the purchase price and saves you having to fork out for costly repairs down the track. What’s not to like?!
What Issues Can Thermal Imaging Identify?
Just some of the areas that can be detected by a thermal imaging camera include:
- Missing or defective insulation
- Possible air leaks from the building joints
- Moisture that may have been trapped in the insulation in walls and roofs. It can also see moisture in the internal and external structure
- Helps in the detection of mould and areas that may have been badly insulated
- Locates areas in flat roofs where water may be infiltrating into the building
- Accurately detects the location of thermal bridges in the house
- Detects possible breaches in hot water pipes
- Detects failures in the structural integrity of the house
- Monitors even drying of the house during construction
- Finds the location of faults in electrical connections
- Detects faults in heating and supply lines
How Thermal Imaging Cameras Work
The surface temperature of the building can tell a lot about the structural integrity of a building. A thermal imaging camera displays a thermal image of the building highlighting variations of surface temperatures. These temperature variations often indicate that there is an underlying problem that needs to be sorted as soon as possible. Many thermal cameras have features to covert the thermal images to an actual temperature reading that helps you gain the real temperature value. Some also have the software on board to analyze the results and document the findings. All these features save building inspectors time and increase the accuracy of the building report, thus saving you money in the long term.
Buying a Property in Hobart?
Contact Access Building Inspections to arrange your Thermal Imaging Building Inspection.